"A medical life flight can cost tens of thousands of dollars - if you can figure out how to arrange for it.The Economist, Jan 2010
Enter MedJetAssist...If you're sick enough to have been admitted to hospital, one phone call activates the fleet of medically equipped jets (through authorised affiliates) that are stationed around the world."
Virtually There Travel and MedjetAssist
Clients of Virtually There Travel and Consulting often travel to remote locations where the standard of medical care is often less than in Canada or the United States. With this in mind, a recent article in the Economist magazine profiled MedjetAssist which, as the name implies, arranges air medical transports around the globe from remote destinations to a designated hospital of your choice. The Economist feature on MedjetAssist can be viewed below:
For the benefit of our Clients, in February 2010 Virtually There Consulting and Travel concluded a working agreement with MedjetAssist.
The premier global air-medical transport membership program - as a member if you are hospitalized more than 150 miles from home, MedjetAssist will arrange comprehensive medical transportation to the hospital of your choice, not just the nearest adequate facility. Peace of mind every time you travel.
The MedjetAssist Membership
Domestic air medical transport averages $25,000 and internationally, it can exceed $100,000. But not with the air-medical transport protection of Medjet. Annual memberships are $260 for an individual, $395 for a family and short-term memberships start as low as $99. Multi-year, Corporate and Group memberships are also available.
The MedjetAssist Difference
- Evacuation is to the member’s hospital of choice.
- No “medical necessity” – Neither the attending physician nor the capability of the existing facility determines the merit of a transport.
- NO health questions for those under the age of 75. Diamond applications are available for individuals age 75 to 85. Applications must be approved prior to departure.
- For individuals age 85 and up, Platinum memberships are available. This program is available to AARP members only and protects the member while they travel internationally. Platinum membership application is required and must be approved prior to departure.
- No adventure travel exclusions; No natural disaster exclusions; No terrorism exclusions.
- No dollar limits on evacuations; No deductibles; No co-pays; No claim forms.
- Domestic as well as international protection for individuals and families.
Click the image below for additional information on MedjetAssist or contact us.